A collection of symptoms, including fatigue and a decrease in libido, experienced by some middle-aged men and attributed to a gradual decline in testosterone levels.
More example sentences
- Are older people likely to demand cures for wrinkles, baldness, yellow teeth, and relief from symptoms of the menopause and andropause?
- There's scant evidence that so-called andropause - low testosterone in aging men - causes depression, says Columbia University psychiatrist Stuart Seidman.
- Over half a century later the medical community has not come to a consensus on whether the symptoms of andropause are truly a manifestation of testosterone deficiency.
1960s: from andro-, on the pattern of menopause.
- More example sentences
- The company's advertisements claim that four or five million men are 'andropausal'.
- From these men 2,700 had high andropausal symptom score and 1,670 underwent the laboratory tests.
- While some andropausal men may be able to experience an erection, impotency can occur during andropause.
Definition of andropause in:
- The British & World English dictionary