Definition of anemic in English:
1Suffering from anemia.
- Does a blood transfusion in anemic patients with acute coronary syndrome improve survival?
- Nearly 90 percent of MDS patients are anemic and require regular transfusions of red cells.
- If the patient is anemic, transfusion of one or more units of packed red blood cells may be prescribed.
1.1Lacking in color, spirit, or vitality.
- The anemic palate that colours the film - grays, browns, and other hushed earth tones - provide the foreboding backdrop.
- Setup is joyously simple, and DVD performance is good, if not spectacular, but the sound is anaemic, lacking sufficient detail for music and serious clout for movies.
- It is anaemic, lacking in vision, and a generally debate-free zone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.