Definition of anemic in English:
1Suffering from anemia.
- Does a blood transfusion in anemic patients with acute coronary syndrome improve survival?
- Nearly 90 percent of MDS patients are anemic and require regular transfusions of red cells.
- If the patient is anemic, transfusion of one or more units of packed red blood cells may be prescribed.
1.1Lacking in color, spirit, or vitality.
- The anemic palate that colours the film - grays, browns, and other hushed earth tones - provide the foreboding backdrop.
- Setup is joyously simple, and DVD performance is good, if not spectacular, but the sound is anaemic, lacking sufficient detail for music and serious clout for movies.
- It is anaemic, lacking in vision, and a generally debate-free zone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan