Definition of aneuploid in English:
Having particular genes or chromosomal regions present in extra or fewer copies than in the normal type.
- DNA ploidy analysis on Feulgenstained sections indicated that the large cell region was composed of predominantly tetraploid and aneuploid cells.
- Ploidy analysis shows that the keratinocytes in the large cell acanthoma are frequently aneuploid.
- All women are also offered an ultrasound scan for anomalies at 19 weeks' gestation, and invasive testing is offered in selected cases where structural anomalies are seen that suggest the fetus is aneuploid.
- aneuploidy noun
- Example sentences
- The most direct way to assess chromosomal aneuploidy is to evaluate chromosome numbers in metaphase cells.
- It remains to be determined whether individual genes that contribute to MR in cases of aneuploidy or other chromosomal defects can mutate to an MR phenotype individually.
- Special schemes were not required to avoid aneuploidy of X chromosome segments because exchange occurred in heterochromatin.
Definition of aneuploid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.