The development of new blood vessels.
More example sentences
- Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.
- Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.
- Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
- More example sentences
- In response to hypoxemia, tumors secrete angiogenic cytokines, such as vascular endothelial growth factor, inducing the formation of microvessels from the surrounding host vasculature.
- Epithelial cells are a rich source of cytokines, including the angiogenic chemokine CXCL5, and play an important role in vascular remodeling in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- The role of angiogenesis and angiogenic factors has been widely studied in models of pancreatic [beta] cell carcinogenesis.
Definition of angiogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary