noun (plural angiomas or angiomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- An abnormal growth produced by the dilatation or new formation of blood vessels.More example sentences
- The physician should check for evidence of chronic alcoholism, including spider angiomata, gynecomastia, enlarged liver, or abnormal blood test results (elevated mean corpuscular volume or g-glutamyl transferase level).
- The laser can also provide relief for symptoms caused by benign airway tumors such as hamartomas, papillomas, polyps, and angiomas.
- Fluid-filled cysts or tumors (benign or cancerous) may develop around the angiomas, worsening these symptoms.
late 19th century: from Greek angeion 'vessel' + -oma.
More definitions of angiomaDefinition of angioma in:
- The British & World English dictionary