- The steepest angle at which a sloping surface formed of a particular loose material is stable.More example sentences
- The Kelso sand dune habitat is composed of a continuum of inclines, that vary from flat to steep (up to 32°, which is the angle of repose for fine sand).
- With little energy left at the top, we still had to descend, by the light of headlamps, 1,400 feet of a boulder field that had yet to settle on its angle of repose.
- In a silence dense as water your eye picks up no movement but the sloughing of sand, seeking its angle of repose.
More definitions of angle of reposeDefinition of angle of repose in:
- The British & World English dictionary