- The sport or pastime of fishing with a rod and line: [as modifier]: an angling club an angling licenseMore example sentences
- One of the great things about this wonderful sport of angling are the friendships made at the waterside.
- In its 2001 manifesto, Labour promised that it had ‘no intention whatsoever of placing restrictions on the sports of angling and shooting’.
- For Patrick Arnold's fully detailed angling column see the sports section of the Westmorland Gazette.
More definitions of anglingDefinition of angling in:
- The British & World English dictionary