noun[often as modifier]
- 1A cat, goat, or rabbit of a long-haired breed: angora rabbitsMore example sentences
- Mrs Neve said the purpose of the event was to show pastoralists that they could breed angoras commercially.
- Stock farming is mainly confined to sheep and goats, particularly the angora goat.
- What do Persian kittens, angora sweaters and the romantic comedy Just Married have in common?
- 1.1A fabric made from the hair of the angora goat or rabbit: an angora cardiganMore example sentences
- Fabrics that are derived from animal hair (including angora, cashmere and basic wool blends) are most susceptible to insect damage.
- I do not have experience dyeing wool, cashmere, angora, or other similar hair fibers, so I cannot speak directly.
- Mohair, angora, wool, cashmere, camel, alpaca, etc. are all your allies against the wind and cold.
early 19th century (denoting a long-haired breed): from the place name Angora.
More definitions of AngoraDefinition of angora in:
- The British & World English dictionary