- 1A young man dissatisfied with and outspoken against existing social and political structures.More example sentences
- More importantly, what makes a young man an angry young man?
- The age of austerity which followed ushered in the angry young men, the Movement, and the London School.
- If Amitabh Bachchan was the original angry young man, surely Shah Rukh is the first modern intense romantic hero of Hindi films.
- 1.1 (Angry Young Men) A number of British playwrights and novelists of the early 1950s whose work was marked by irreverence toward the Establishment and disgust at the survival of class distinctions and privilege. Notable members of the group were John Osborne and Kingsley Amis.More example sentences
- Fifty years ago, another group of angry young men gave birth to the phrase in England, where it was coined to describe their collective literary revolt against the establishment.
- Eyebrows remained firmly horizontal when a distracted customer would mumble something about a novel about an athlete's pain written by one of those angry young men.
More definitions of angry young manDefinition of angry young man in:
- The British & World English dictionary