- The apparent diameter of a planet or other celestial object measured by the angle that it subtends at the point of observation.More example sentences
- It happens that the angular diameters of the Sun and the Moon as viewed from the Earth are about the same.
- Analysis of the contrast between the fringes revealed the angular diameter of the star to be 1.9 0.05 milliarcseconds.
- He estimated that its angular diameter was as small as one minute twelve arc seconds as opposed to the four or six arc minutes suggested by Kepler and by Tycho Brahe and by others.
More definitions of angular diameterDefinition of angular diameter in:
- The British & World English dictionary