- (Of a substance, especially a crystalline compound) containing no water.More example sentences
- The sample was maintained at room temperature for 24 h to ensure conversion of any anhydrous cholesterol crystals to the monohydrate form.
- The plants produced urea ammonium nitrate and anhydrous ammonia.
- The water in the mantle may be contained either in high pressure hydrous phases, or alternatively as small hydrous defects in nominally anhydrous minerals.
early 19th century: from Greek anudros (from an- 'without' + hudōr 'water') + -ous.
More definitions of anhydrousDefinition of anhydrous in:
- The British & World English dictionary