Definition of aniline in English:
A colorless oily liquid present in coal tar. It is used in the manufacture of dyes, drugs, and plastics, and was the basis of the earliest synthetic dyes.
- Chemical formula: C6H5NH2
- Phenol can be produced from aniline by reacting aniline with a mixture of sodium nitrite and hydrochloric acid to give benzene diazonium chloride, that when heated gently, gives off nitrogen to leave phenol.
- Other uses of aniline include the manufacture of rubber processing chemicals and the production of agrochemicals and dyestuffs.
- He cited examples of two key raw materials namely phenol and aniline, which are required to manufacture leather chemicals, pigments, dyestuff and rubber chemicals.
Definition of aniline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.