Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of animal liberation in English:
The freeing of animals from exploitation and cruel treatment by humans: animal liberation is the goal for which the philosophy of animal rights is the philosophy [as modifier]: one of the animal liberation groups
More example sentences
- However genuine the motives of animal liberation activists may be, their actions can sometimes have serious effects.
- They are both involved in animal liberation activism on the fringes of the law, him slightly more than her, which she finds a bit unnerving.
- Shouldn't we all feel slightly silly at realising that these are the alleged terrorists who have apparently held the government and society to ransom in their fight for animal liberation?
- animal liberationist noun
- Example sentences
- Animal liberationists opposed to the ill-treatment of guinea pigs might be on the lookout for new targets.
- For those who don't follow the antics of urban terrorists, these animal liberationists have waged long campaigns against the pharmaceutical industry because they want it to stop using animals to test drugs.
- MI5 has been summoned and an array of new and potentially repressive laws are being passed to prevent animal liberationists from intimidating workers, scientists and investors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.