- A person who campaigns for the rights of animals to live free from human exploitation and abuse: animal rightists hurled themselves between the harpoons and the whaleMore example sentences
- The antivivisectionist ancestors of today's animal rightists attempted to stop the research of Louis Pasteur that led to the discovery of the rabies vaccine.
- There is a stark conflict between the goals of the Veterinary profession and those of animal rightists.
- Only 11 farmers would be affected, and they had already indicated that after years of harassment by animal rightists, they were ready to throw in the towel in return for compensation.
More definitions of animal rightistDefinition of animal rightist in:
- The British & World English dictionary