Definition of animalize in English:
Make into or like an animal.
- The ceremonial undressing and redressing, which Ian uses in an attempt to entice Cate, seems to replace and animalise their colloquial discourse.
- The anthropomorphism of animals moves the two closer together, humanizing the animals and/or animalizing the humans.
- The reader is compelled to include the Devil himself who conventionally appears with animalized features such as horns.
- Example sentences
- Injection of either Xenopus BMP - 4 mRNA (or its sea urchin equivalent) into a sea urchin egg results in animalization.
- And, as Cary Wolfe and others have noted, the animalization of the Other is not confined to race.
- A confusing dynamics of humanization of animals and animalization of humans follows, framing such a decadent process with paroxysmal contours.
Pronunciation: /ˌanəmələˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌanəməˌlīˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
Definition of animalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan