- An eclipse of the sun in which the edge of the sun remains visible as a bright ring around the moon.More example sentences
- Although they are by no means as striking as total eclipses, annular eclipses can afford a semblance of the experience.
- The diagrams above show the appearance of the Sun at different times during total, partial and annular eclipses.
- An annular eclipse of the sun is visible from the north-west of Scotland at sunrise on Saturday morning, 31st May 2003.
More definitions of annular eclipseDefinition of annular eclipse in:
- The British & World English dictionary