verb[with object] (usually as adjective anodized)
Coat (a metal, especially aluminum) with a protective oxide layer by an electrolytic process in which the metal forms the anode.
- One of the most common metals that is anodized is aluminum.
- The top and bottom of the reservoir are made of solid anodized blue aluminium with the exterior made from acrylic in a cylindrical shape.
- Those produced in brass, anodized aluminum or galvanized iron impart a golden glow or a silvery shiver.
- Example sentences
- Wayne earns £10,000 a year as an anodiser.
- Most anodizers need anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to plan, process and invoice for projects.
- This certificate issued by the designated anodiser confirms that the anodizing has been produced in accordance with the ‘aluminium finishing requirements’ as specified.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of anodize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.