Definition of anodize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective anodized)
Coat (a metal, especially aluminum) with a protective oxide layer by an electrolytic process in which the metal forms the anode.
- One of the most common metals that is anodized is aluminum.
- The top and bottom of the reservoir are made of solid anodized blue aluminium with the exterior made from acrylic in a cylindrical shape.
- Those produced in brass, anodized aluminum or galvanized iron impart a golden glow or a silvery shiver.
- Example sentences
- Wayne earns £10,000 a year as an anodiser.
- Most anodizers need anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to plan, process and invoice for projects.
- This certificate issued by the designated anodiser confirms that the anodizing has been produced in accordance with the ‘aluminium finishing requirements’ as specified.
Definition of anodize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan