Definition of anorexia in English:
1A lack or loss of appetite for food (as a medical condition).
- Other symptoms may include fever, malaise, anorexia, and weight loss.
- Both medications can cause gastrointestinal effects such as anorexia and nausea.
- He was otherwise asymptomatic, with no anorexia, weight loss, or jaundice.
1.1 (also anorexia nervosa /nərˈvōsə/) An emotional disorder characterized by an obsessive desire to lose weight by refusing to eat. Compare with bulimia.
- The main types of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- The family has been shown to play an important role in both the development and the treatment of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- People who intentionally starve themselves suffer from an eating disorder called anorexia nervosa.