- Occurring not long before childbirth.More example sentences
- The biophysical profile integrates several observations of fetal status into an assessment tool that usually is used during the antepartum period to guide clinical management.
- Procedures that increase the likelihood of direct fetal exposure to maternal blood should be minimized during the antepartum and intrapartum periods.
- The safety and effectiveness of antiretroviral agents in the antepartum period and during labor is an area of active research, and recommendations are continually being updated and modified.
late 19th century: from Latin, 'before birth'.
More definitions of antepartumDefinition of antepartum in:
- The British & World English dictionary