- The part of a stamen that contains the pollen.More example sentences
- For estimation of pollen production, two anthers from each flower bud were examined.
- They eat exposed pollen on the anthers, while other pollen grains adhere to their legs.
- Fresh pollen was collected from anthers on plants by gently tapping the stems of plants while holding a collecting tray below the tassels.
early 18th century: from French anthère or modern Latin anthera, from Greek anthēra 'flowery', from anthos 'flower'.
More definitions of antherDefinition of anther in:
- The British & World English dictionary