(Chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity: anthropogenic emissions of sulfur dioxide
More example sentences
- Lakes are also excellent settings for studying the responses of ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic environmental change on human timescales.
- Of course, there are many well-known cases where pollution is caused by anthropogenic emissions of chemicals.
- While I would like to believe that there are pristine places on this planet where life has not been affected by anthropogenic activities, there are not.
- Example sentences
- Increasing evidence suggests that stratospheric ozone levels are decreasing because of the presence of anthropogenically derived chlorofluorocarbons in the upper atmosphere.
- However, it is unknown whether these are truly native populations or whether they are anthropogenically introduced populations that have become naturalized.
- This information will help us predict the responses of wild mammals to both natural and anthropogenically induced changes in plant secondary metabolites.
Words that rhyme with anthropogenicarsenic, autogenic, callisthenic (US calisthenic), carcinogenic, cariogenic, cryogenic, erotogenic, eugenic, fennec, hallucinogenic, Hellenic, hypo-allergenic, photogenic, pyrogenic, radiogenic, schizophrenic, telegenic
Definition of anthropogenic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.