Definition of anti-Christian in English:
1Opposed to Christianity or Christian values.
- Organised religion is often (especially in forums like this) made out to be the enemy, I use to be quite anti-christian but I'm not anymore.
- There's more than a little anti-christian sentiment here.
- The whole article is shot through with this kind of anti-christian bias.
1.1Of or relating to the Antichrist.
- If any part of the Church be proved to be antichristian, all of the Church is so, the Protestant branch inclusive.
- Among all the anti-Christian manifestations in the history of the world and the Church that lie behind us in the past there is none that fits the description better than the Papacy.
- These and similar passages reveal to the Church that antichristian forces will appear in various recurrent forms until the end of time.
nounBack to top
A person who opposes Christianity.
- However, many anti-Christians commit this fallacy when they try to disprove Christianity by pointing out alleged parallels in pagan mythology.
- Wolf, we who are people of faith in this country, and that's about 94 percent of the population, have long since had to bear the brunt of such anti-Christians.
- Since Christians have generally put up little resistance, and even rewarded immoral politicians with their votes, it's hardly surprising that the anti-Christians in power feel brave enough to reveal their real agenda explicitly.
Definition of anti-Christian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan