Entry from British & World English dictionary
Opposed to communism: anti-communist demonstrators
More example sentences
- Above all fascists and their friends found an echo in ruling circles for their pro-Hitler, anti-Jewish, anti-communist beliefs.
- He highlights how anti-communist prejudice has lent weight to a sympathetic view of the propertied classes particularly over the treatment of slaves.
- A similar story was a regular feature of anti-communist propaganda during the Cold War.
A person who is opposed to communism.
- Yes, communists were liberals' friends; but more importantly, anti-communists were the liberals' enemies.
- The core is the alignment of traditionalists, libertarians, and anti-communists into a coherent conservative movement.
- During the Cold War, anti-communists dreamed of rolling back the tide of Soviet conquests but were constrained by the threat of nuclear war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.