- An antagonistic association between two organisms (especially microorganisms), in which one is adversely affected. See also symbiosis.More example sentences
- The plates were incubated at 28°C and observed for antibiosis after 24 hours in case of yeasts and 96 hours in case of moulds.
- The types of resistance bred into resistant hybrids are ‘tolerance’ and ‘antibiosis.’
- The direct mechanisms involved in this protective effect include competition, antibiosis, and mycoparasitism.
More definitions of antibiosisDefinition of antibiosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary