Definition of antibiotic in English:
A medicine (such as penicillin or its derivatives) that inhibits the growth of or destroys microorganisms.
- Completing just a five day course of antibiotics or antimalarial drugs is a rare achievement here.
- You may also need to have painkillers, antibiotics, and fluids through a drip.
- You may be given painkillers, antibiotics and mouthwash solutions to take home.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to, involving, or denoting antibiotics.
- The effect of early antibiotic therapy on this form of infection is unknown.
- If patients fulfill the above criteria, antibiotic therapy should be considered.
- In addition, no antibiotic therapy was administered, as this was a lethal model.
Definition of antibiotic in:
- British & World English dictionary