- Grotesque or bizarre.More example sentences
- Their sparse details and antic distortions are surreal yet recognizable enough to hit the target, whether it's a powerful politician or a basic human type.
- Not many creators would dare to juxtapose the kind of heady subject matter this show tosses at the wall with totally antic physical comedy.
- The director moved her sometimes space-challenged charges skillfully, eliciting overall an antic tone that brought a kind of unity to the often frenzied goings-on.
early 16th century: from Italian antico 'antique', used to mean 'grotesque'.
More definitions of anticDefinition of antic in:
- The British & World English dictionary