Definition of antigravity in English:
A hypothetical force opposing gravity.
- Albert Einstein first proposed the notion of antigravity in 1917 and later abandoned it.
- Researchers have been able to simulate antigravity under extremely cold temperatures for small objects, but true antigravity is only a theoretical concept.
- The best part of the story is where the physicists basically admit that yeah, given how incredibly weird phantom energy is, it probably allows for things like antigravity and wormhole-based time machines.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
(Chiefly of clothing for a pilot or astronaut) designed to counteract the effects of high acceleration.
- Raël claims that the creatures in Ezekiel's vision wore antigravity suits with small jet engines attached to them.
- So this mysterious stuff has been labelled ‘dark energy’ and is a kind of cosmic antigravity force that counteracts the attractive force of gravity.
- I patented nanotechnology, antigravity devices, and genetic techniques of all sorts by my teenage years.
Definition of antigravity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.