noun (plural antiheroes)
- A central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.More example sentences
- The real surprise was that the eponymous anti-hero isn't the central character.
- Unlike the raddled anti-heroes who dominate detective drama, Eddie lives harmoniously with his wife, mother and three daughters; harmoniously, that is, until a handsome stranger turns up on his doorstep claiming to be his son.
- Rather, his heroes are angst-ridden anti-heroes, his stories those of alienated men who unexpectedly find themselves with blood of their own, and others, on their hands.
More definitions of antiheroDefinition of antihero in:
- The British & World English dictionary