- 1Opposed to or restricting the full development of life: the new industrial age was antilifeMore example sentences
- It is opposed by an anti-life mentality as is seen in contraception, abortion, infanticide and euthanasia.
- There are (at least!) two other huge problems with this kind of thinking: First, any stance that treats children as punishment is anti-family, anti-life, and deeply anti-Christian.
- It's melodramatic to see him as an anti-life force, as his young lover evidently did, but it probably took someone of her strength to reject his ethos as completely as she did, both personally and in her writing.
- 1.1Opposing the development of life by advocating abortion.More example sentences
- This election is a referendum on the policies of his administration - policies which have been virulently antilife.
- Even though we are alive in a ferociously anti-marriage / anti-life culture, this time, US Catholics haven't just capitulated but are fighting intelligently and are slowly making real headway in the abortion wars.
- The difference [is] the difference between pro-choice and anti-life, rain forest v. jungle, homeless v. vagrant, and many other formulations.