- A substance that interferes with the normal metabolic processes within cells, typically by combining with enzymes.More example sentences
- The class of anticancer drugs that has been developed to interfere with aspects of nucleotide metabolism is known as the antimetabolites.
- With the latter therapy, once patients are weaned from steroids, the purine antimetabolite is continued for an indefinite period while the physician monitors white blood cell count and liver enzymes.
- Most forms of gout can be treated by administering the antimetabolite, allopurinol.
More definitions of antimetaboliteDefinition of antimetabolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary