- Having a sequence of nucleotides complementary to (and hence capable of binding to) a coding sequence, which may be either that of the strand of a DNA double helix that undergoes transcription, or that of a messenger RNA molecule.More example sentences
- The genotypes were confirmed by sequencing both sense and antisense strands using forward and reverse primers in separate reactions.
- Both sense and antisense strands were sequenced from tumour samples; only forward strands were sequenced from corresponding normal tissue.
- Broken arrows indicate starts of sense and antisense transcription.
More definitions of antisenseDefinition of antisense in:
- The British & World English dictionary