- A tailless amphibian of the order Anura; a frog or toad.More example sentences
- The larva probably possessed the scraping mouth parts and the branchial filter seen in most extant anuran larvae, and likewise probably also pumped water rhythmically.
- From 1996 to 1998, I collected tadpoles of 13 anuran species from eastern North America.
- For example anuran tadpoles cannot disperse from their natal pond during development.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting anurans.More example sentences
- Little information exists on rates of lymph flow through the anuran lymphatic system.
- Most of the anuran saccular volume is filled with a viscous suspension of calcium carbonate crystals.
- As in other vertebrates, the anuran auditory system is susceptible to noise masking.
More definitions of anuranDefinition of anuran in:
- The British & World English dictionary