A tailless amphibian of the order Anura; a frog or toad.
- The larva probably possessed the scraping mouth parts and the branchial filter seen in most extant anuran larvae, and likewise probably also pumped water rhythmically.
- From 1996 to 1998, I collected tadpoles of 13 anuran species from eastern North America.
- For example anuran tadpoles cannot disperse from their natal pond during development.
Relating to or denoting anurans.
- Little information exists on rates of lymph flow through the anuran lymphatic system.
- Most of the anuran saccular volume is filled with a viscous suspension of calcium carbonate crystals.
- As in other vertebrates, the anuran auditory system is susceptible to noise masking.
Definition of anuran in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.