(also apatosaurus /ˌapətōˈsôrəs/)
- A huge herbivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic period, with a long neck and tail. Also called brontosaur.
More example sentences
- Genus Apatosaurus (popularly Brontosaurus), infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
- As Christians who reject evolutionary theory, the family scoffed at the park's dinosaur attractions, which date the apatosaurus, brachiosaurus and the like to prehistoric times.
- He said continuing research into the species is important because of larger evolutionary questions, including their relationship to the much larger sauropod dinosaurs, including brachiousaurus and apatosaurus.
- And one of the marvelous things God described to Job sounds very much like an apatosaurus.
modern Latin, from Greek apatē 'deceit' + sauros 'lizard'.