noun (plural aperçus pronunc. same)
- A comment or brief reference that makes an illuminating or entertaining point.More example sentences
- His anecdotes and aperçus are to the point.
- His final chapter is the best: a reading of superheroes in their various urban environments that is studded with lovely aperçus.
- An Irish History of Civilization reads like a sotto voce commentary on all Akenson's manifold interests, spun into a series of aperçus, short stories, reflections, mini-biographies and explosive jokes.
early 19th century: from French, past participle of apercevoir 'perceive'.
More definitions of aperçuDefinition of aperçu in:
- The British & World English dictionary