- 1Of, relating to, or denoting an apex.More example sentences
- Shoot length was measured from the insertion point on the stem to the tangent line between the apices of the most apical green leaves.
- Cell size was calculated by dividing the mean total apical area by the mean number of cells for each apex.
- The top-most, or apical, bud of a shoot has dominance over all the lateral buds below it.
- 1.1 Phonetics (Of a consonant) formed with the tip of the tongue.More example sentences
- His contribution to the study of errors in apical consonant articulation are world famous.
- Variations can be made by changing the shape of the tongue behind the apical closure.
More definitions of apicalDefinition of apical in:
- The British & World English dictionary