Definition of apochromat in English:
A lens or lens system that reduces spherical and chromatic aberration.
- There are now a few apochromats on the market that are comparable in price to similar, high-end achromats.
- Higher order spherical aberration in apochromats is a result of strongly curved lens surfaces.
- The biggest problem with early apochromats, other than their sizable cost and complexity, was light loss.
- Example sentences
- In 1868 he invented the apochromatic lens system for the microscope.
- The apochromatic lens, therefore, corrects for chromatic aberration to a greater degree than does an achromatic lens.
- I hope the following history of the apochromatic lens designs made by Roland Christen of Astro-Physics is of some interest to the readers.
Definition of apochromat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.