- The point at which a spacecraft in lunar orbit is furthest from the moon. The opposite of perilune.More example sentences
- This paper investigates the least maneuver velocity through the tolerable apolune and other lunar orbit elements.
- The spacecraft consists of an orbiter which goes around the Moon at about 100 km altitude near a polar orbit, and a relay satellite on an elliptical orbit with initial apolune at 2,400 km.
- However, to be useful, the apolune must be located at one of the orbital nodes.
1960s: from apo- + Latin luna 'moon', on the pattern of apogee.
More definitions of apoluneDefinition of apolune in:
- The British & World English dictionary