Awful; terrible: his conduct was appalling
More example sentences
- Then the transfer over onto CD from the tapes is appalling, losing an awful lot of the bottom end.
- This Budget is woefully inadequate in redressing this appalling situation.
- There is a class of person who delights in trying to scare the pants off you with appalling tales of child-rearing horror.
- More example sentences
- And I have heard from members of that commission that it was appallingly inadequate.
- However, it carries any number of appallingly dangerous drivers and it is hardly surprising that there are frequent serious accidents.
- Second, the general level of competence of its reporters and editors has fallen to an appallingly low level.