Definition of appalling in English:
Awful; terrible: his conduct was appalling
More example sentences
- Then the transfer over onto CD from the tapes is appalling, losing an awful lot of the bottom end.
- This Budget is woefully inadequate in redressing this appalling situation.
- There is a class of person who delights in trying to scare the pants off you with appalling tales of child-rearing horror.
- Example sentences
- And I have heard from members of that commission that it was appallingly inadequate.
- However, it carries any number of appallingly dangerous drivers and it is hardly surprising that there are frequent serious accidents.
- Second, the general level of competence of its reporters and editors has fallen to an appallingly low level.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan