- A person who applies to a higher court for a reversal of the decision of a lower court.More example sentences
- In the event, no evidence was given by the complainant or the appellant about these matters.
- At the outset, the appellant applied for permission to have a mobile home on the land.
- On the following day the appellant was arrested and he then made a full and frank admission.
late Middle English: from French apelant, literally 'appealing', from the verb apeler (see appeal).
More definitions of appellantDefinition of appellant in:
- The British & World English dictionary