Definition of appetizing in English:
Stimulating one’s appetite: the appetizing aroma of sizzling bacon
More example sentences
- The smoky haze and appetizing aroma from barbecues greets visitors as they are ushered onto rooftops for a taste of a range of sizzlers, steaks and grills.
- I gave them a miss since my feet were being led by my nostrils, which could sniff the appetising aroma of Chinese food, at a stall nearby.
- What attracted them were the appetising aromas of traditional Chinese food in the evening air.
- Example sentences
- Micro-organisms are used in a variety of applications, like breaking down oil spill contaminants and sewage, or perhaps more appetizingly, providing an array of food products and additives.
- As she reaches for the drink, it is grasped by a darkly handsome man, dressed in a dinner jacket, who smiles appetizingly.
- Oven baked tomatoes stuffed with Mediterranean veg and Parmesan had a concentrated sweetness to them while the veg (mainly potato and breadcrumbs) were appetisingly homely.
Words that rhyme with appetizingenterprising
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan