1.1North American Used to represent a cherished ideal of comfort and familiarity: to say I’m fed up with the Olympics is like being against motherhood and apple pie
More example sentences
- Like motherhood and apple pie, policing is something a city can't help but get behind - philosophically and financially.
- This statement, with its aspects of ‘motherhood and apple pie,’ is one I fully agree with.
- For some politicians, it's as easy as a vote for motherhood and apple pie.
as American as apple pie
- North American Typically American in character.More example sentences
- If violence, as the saying goes, is as American as apple pie, it's also been as common in American movie theaters as popcorn.
- French fries are at least as American as apple pie.
- Ironically, financially, and in terms of their behavior, they're often as American as apple pie.
Definition of apple pie in:
- The British & World English dictionary