Definition of apple pie in English:
1.1North American Used to represent a cherished ideal of comfort and familiarity: to say I’m fed up with the Olympics is like being against motherhood and apple pie
More example sentences
- Like motherhood and apple pie, policing is something a city can't help but get behind - philosophically and financially.
- This statement, with its aspects of ‘motherhood and apple pie,’ is one I fully agree with.
- For some politicians, it's as easy as a vote for motherhood and apple pie.
as American as apple pie
- North American Typically American in character.Example sentences
- If violence, as the saying goes, is as American as apple pie, it's also been as common in American movie theaters as popcorn.
- French fries are at least as American as apple pie.
- Ironically, financially, and in terms of their behavior, they're often as American as apple pie.
Definition of apple pie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia