- 1A device or piece of equipment designed to perform a specific task, typically a domestic one: electrical and gas appliancesMore example sentences
- In its simplest form, it is a data delivery appliance designed specifically for performance, low cost of ownership, and reliability.
- All projects used a major wood heating appliance with integrated domestic water heating.
- In the comments he compares the pleasure he gets from working his will on a recalcitrant domestic appliance to the triumph a caveman felt when slaying a mastodon.
- 2British The action or process of bringing something into operation: the appliance of science could increase crop yieldsMore example sentences
- He was particularly animated about the need for less process and more appliance of the code according to relationships, dialogue and trust between the board and its investors.
- It is about the personal appliance of science,’ says the Operations Director.
- Eventually, a laboratory will be added to the four spacious studios, bringing the appliance of science to the analysis of paintings.