Definition of applicator in English:
1A device used for inserting something or for applying a substance to a surface.
- When you insert cotton-tipped applicators or tissues in your ear, the wax is just pushed deeper into the ear canal.
- They are working on herbicide applicators and seed drills for restoration work.
- Use a sponge applicator or brush to apply solid colour to the lid, then blend out towards the socket and brow bone with your fingers.
1.1A person who applies a substance or installs something, such as house siding.
- It is highly recommended that fumigation be done by a commercial pesticide applicator who has been trained and EPA / NDA-certified in safe fumigant handling and application techniques.
- He estimates having this information on hand saves about 15 minutes per load, which can quickly add up to three or four hours a day in saved time for each applicator.
- David is a licensed pesticide applicator and a certified professional agronomist with the American Society of Agronomy.
Definition of applicator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan