Inability to perform particular purposive actions, as a result of brain damage.
- Yes, it's about dreams (both nightly kind and aspirations - Hollywood) but also about mental incoherence, brain damage, aphasia, apraxia, agnosia.
- Dementia is chronic and progressive, and it is characterized by the gradual onset of impaired memory and deficits in two or more areas of cognition, such as anomia, agnosia or apraxia.
- Inability to execute an intended action is known as apraxia, slowness and difficulty in doing it is dyspraxia.
- Example sentences
- It is important to note that in severe cases apraxic patients may have difficulty even with pointing.
- It is horrible that apraxic children are sometimes misdiagnosed as autistic, or even mentally retarded.
- Most apraxic children will be in therapy at least 4 years and sometimes significantly longer.
Late 19th century: from German Apraxie, from Greek apraxia 'inaction'.
Words that rhyme with apraxiadyspraxia
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.