- Entomology A primitive wingless insect of the group Apterygota, which includes the bristletails and springtails.More example sentences
- The lateral imprints of the thoracic legs appear too long to have been made by an apterygote, particularly a monuran.
- In all apterygotes and in mayflies it is bidirectional.
- In the past the collembolans, proturans and two other groups; the diplurans and the thysanurans were all grouped together as the apterygotes or the wingless insects.
More definitions of apterygoteDefinition of apterygote in:
- The British & World English dictionary