Definition of aquaponics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
A system of aquaculture in which the waste produced by farmed fish or other aquatic animals supplies nutrients for plants grown hydroponically, which in turn purify the water: thanks to its automatic recirculating system, aquaponics does not require much monitoring or measuring
More example sentences
- His zeal for aquaponics led him to the farming class.
- Aquaponics, or the cultivation of plants that grow on the surface of nutrient rich ponds, is the final stage in the system.
- He tried to introduce aquaponics, a self-replenishing agricultural system, to rural villages.
- Example sentences
- The project provides entrepreneur training, startup assistance, and regional marketing for future "aquaponic" operations in eastern Kentucky.
- The barge also features some aquaponic techniques, which rely on the natural give and take between creatures and plants.
- Their aquaponic greenhouses would be built in vacant lots and on rooftops.
Definition of aquaponics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.