Definition of aquilegia in English:
A plant of the buttercup family, bearing showy flowers with backward-pointing spurs. Native to temperate regions of the northern hemisphere, it is widely grown in gardens.
- Genus Aquilegia, family Ranunculaceae. See also columbine
- I have beds full of wild strawberries at Brockhole and there are ferns and aquilegias elsewhere in the garden that I can transplant into the hedge.
- During her long life she gardened in Buckinghamshire and studied genetics at Cambridge before trying her hand at hybridising various flowers, including aquilegias.
- However it has helped me decide how to replant the somewhat shady, sheltered bed on one side of my garden: lots of hellebores, aquilegia, ferns, and variegated ivy creeping up the wall of my neighbour's extension wall.
Definition of aquilegia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan