- 1Like an eagle.More example sentences
- Mr. Carmichael was a tall man, well over six feet, and slender, with aquiline features and dark hair perfectly oiled and combed into sleek lines rising from his high, strong forehead.
- It pleased him in a strange way to see the shock on her arrogant, aquiline face.
- A pair of short, pointed ears were on the upper rear portion of its long, aquiline skull.
- 1.1(Of a person’s nose) hooked or curved like an eagle’s beak.More example sentences
- The new vocation would draw upon his curiosity, but mainly on his looks, his special features: the characteristic oval face, aquiline nose and shocking white beard.
- All you see are his twinkling eyes and the top of an aquiline nose.
- She stared at the crowd with enormous owl-like eyes that blinked in mechanical measure just above a slight aquiline nose.
mid 17th century: from Latin aquilinus, from aquila 'eagle'.