A low-growing herbaceous plant that typically bears white or pink flowers and is frequently grown in rock gardens. Also called rock cress.
- Genus Arabis, family Brassicaceae
More example sentences
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Items stolen have included potentilla bushes, arabis and fuchsias.
- Both are but a few inches high, and are pretty planted in spreading patches about the drifts of snowy Arabis in bloom at the same time.
via medieval Latin from Greek, feminine of Araps, Arab- (see Arab).
Definition of arabis in:
- The British & World English dictionary