- An arthropod of the class Arachnida, such as a spider or scorpion.More example sentences
- Wolbachia bacteria infect many insects, arachnids (mites and spiders), crustaceans, and parasitic nematodes.
- In the comic book world, too, spiders, which are of course really arachnids, are considered insects.
- ‘Apart from social spiders that build mutual webs, I can't think of any other examples’ of such a collective trap strategy among insects or arachnids, Jones added.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting arachnids.More example sentences
- Without the bone chilling, sustained freezing temperatures of years gone by the arachnid population thrives.
- It is dark brown, with short hair bristling off eight legs that support its arachnid body.
- All spiders are members of the arachnid order Araneae, which is divided into two suborders.
More definitions of arachnidDefinition of arachnid in:
- The British & World English dictionary